It never fails.
We begin each year with
and we eagerly attack them.
3 – 4 weeks in, there is a whole lot of bailing going on.
You start a diet. The first week you see immediate and quick results on the scale. The second week you plateau. Suddenly, the instant gratification for your sacrifice is no longer feeding you.
You get stuck in a “situation” and the easiest thing to do is just go with the flow. You blow your diet and the whole week of sacrifice disappears on the scale.
When this happens we often just throw in the towel or we feel our resistance to sabotage (self or other) is forever weakened.
It is ultimately a state of mind.
3 Simple Words can change it all
Set your mind to Never Give Up No Matter What and you will be able to get right back on track with little to no down time or kicking yourself about your mistake.
Maybe you aren’t dieting, you want to get organized and you are doing great. You get sick and company is coming while things got a little out of control. Next you find yourself stuffing things everywhere just to get them out of sight.
Never Give Up!
Are you looking to get a healthier fitness plan? Signed up at the gym or simply decided to take advantage of that gym membership you already have? It only takes a couple of misses because you have an appointment, there is too much snow, or you have a migraine….just fill in the blank and then there you go, you feel like a failure and stay home again.
Don’t do it.
We could go on and on with our plans and goals on behaviors we want to change, add or omit. I wish we could recall learning to walk, talk, ride a bike because we fell down, fumbled over words and fell off time and time again but we just kept on going until…it became second nature. You don’t even have to give it any thought.
So what did you begin this year?
I would love to hear about it in the comments.
How are you doing?
What stumbling blocks have you encountered?
Any tips for getting through it?
I’m going to share some of my New Beginnings for this year with you.
- The obvious one – Lose Weight. I’ll go into detail about it after I have reached my goal so I can share the pitfalls I encounter and the ways I overcame them.
- The Gym – oh yes, that was me. I have a membership. I used it the day I joined.
- Spending Log – This is new for me. Retirement is on the horizon and I think I need to see where we spend money. I know the bills, but how much are we spending on clothes, dining out, vacations and things like that.
- Organizing Bills – I had a neat but never used it (Digital scanner for receipts and bills). I am a paper girl at heart. So I purchased some plastic envelopes to keep things sorted.
- Get Back to Blogging– Everything came to a halt last year when my mom moved, broke her shoulder and then her health went down and she passed away this past fall. We also sold a home and moved and had a new grand baby. I always put family first, so blogging took a break. I love to write and hope to get into a routine this year, but I have not determined how much I will post yet.
- New is YouTube Channel – I played around with starting a channel last year this time and promptly lost my camera! Just found it over Christmas and am eager to begin again. I am not sure how that will affect my blogging, they are so very different and probably get completely different audiences. So look for my youtube link once I upload the first video. I’ll put it here.
- Merchandising – I have some shops of things I create and want to focus on continually uploading new designs and marketing them
- Learning – I love to learn and have an account with Lynda.com where I take classes for graphic design and digital art. Like the gym, I haven’t been utilizing that membership either.
Of course there are personal things to work towards with marriage and family and faith, but there are 7 days in a week and so if I select one of those things each day of the week to really assess, evaluate my progress and make plans for the next week I am more likely to stay on course.
When all else fails, I know this for sure.
Never, Never, Never Give Up!
I love hearing from you. Please Subscribe, Follow me on Pinterest and Shop My Stores all linked on the home page.
Updating my photo soon!